The Golden Hour album by Kacey Musgraves creates a magnificent effect through Splendored mystical grandeur of her singing and songs.
Golden Hour is the fourth album by Kacey Musgraves the American country singer and song writer. The album was initially released through MCA Nashville on 30th March, 2018. The album enclosed 13 songs and each song was co-written and co-produced by Ian Fitchuk and Danial Tashian. On US Billboard 200 this album was debuted at number four.
- Album of the Year 2018 at Country Music Association and Apple Music awards
- Winning all four of its nominated categories at the 61st Grammy Awards
- Album of the Year
- Best Country Album
- Best Country Solo Performance for song “Butterflies”
- Best Country Song award for the
Golden Hour had widely received extensive acclaim from musical critics.
On Metacritic; normalize mainstream critics rating review out of 100; this album after 17 reviews has an average score of 89, which is on the other side is a “universal” acclaim.
Form AllMusic; this album was rated four and half star out of five, whereas Stephen Thomas Erlewine called it as “warm and enveloping, pitching halfway between heartbreak and healing”.
While Roisin O’Connor while rating this album perfect 5 out of 5; for The Independent states that this album is “the reminder of something –, Life is beautiful”.
Moreover Katherine St. Asaph review the album and call it “not classicist; but perhaps it might be classic.”
From polls of polls by BBC, after completion of best of the year lists reviewed by 35 musical reviewers; album Golden Hour was rated number one album of 2018.
Similarly in the critics’ poll for 2018 for The Village Voice’s Pazz & Jop, this album also placed number one.
- 10th March 2018; while performing in London at Country to Country music festival, the singer announced the support of Oh, What a World tour for the album.
- Initial 12 dates of this tour were announced on 12th March
- Eventually dates and countries will be added accordingly, moreover, Musgraves
statesthe tour details on social media.
ofthe tour was from Oslo, Norway on 13th October.
- Cover photo of the Golden hour Album was taken by Kelly Christine Sutton, the sister of Kacey Musgraves.
- For the Golden Hour cover photo, the photo shoot lasts for more than two days in Golden, Texas.
- Album packaging credit goes to Sutton who also worked for Musgraves in her all albums’ photos cover shoots and artwork.
- The idea behind the cover photo of Golden hour, where Kacey holding the paper fan covering her face just above the blue sky. Sutton recalls Kacey and I both wanted to picture the paper fan for long but never did it, also we had plan to take it with trees and without trees, in a wide open fields. The sky only. Soon after taking the picture we review it and we knew we had it.